Two Bettys Covid-19 Service Updates
In light of public health recommendations regarding COVID-19, Two Bettys has implemented new safety guidelines.
Our secret weapon: A green virus killing machine
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved H2Orange2, by Envirox, is powered by orange-oil and hydrogen peroxide, and is both a sanitizer and virucide – stopping bacteria and viruses dead in their tracks.
- You don’t have to throw out your eco-conscience to keep safe, we’ve got your back!
In other news…
- Consider signing up for our new Back to Business kit to keep your workspace clean.
- Our supply shop is open!
covid 19 preparedness plan
Two Bettys Green Cleaning is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of our workers and customers. To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Managers and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, and that requires full cooperation among our workers, management, and customers. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our workers and workplaces.
Management and workers are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Two Bettys managers and supervisors have our full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy.
Our workers are our most important assets. We are serious about safety and health and keeping our workers working at Two Bettys. Worker involvement is essential in developing and implementing a successful COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. We have involved our workers in this process through weekly communication with our staff where we requested feedback, suggestions, and concerns, and also answered questions in real time. In these weekly communications we continuously updated staff on our process and improvement to safety protocols. We have involved our workers in this process through anonymous surveys and email communications with our staff where we requested feedback, suggestions, and concerns, and also answered questions in real time. We have also continuously
updated staff on our process and improvement to safety protocols
Given the constantly evolving nature of both medicine and governmental / legal regulations as it pertains to COVID-19, this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan may be updated from time to time. We will post the most recent version of it to the website, for your convenience.
Our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines, federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19, and addresses:
- hygiene and respiratory etiquette;
- engineering and administrative controls for social distancing;
- cleaning, sanitizing, decontamination and ventilation;
- prompt identification and isolation of sick persons;
- communications and training that will be provided to managers and workers; and
- management and supervision necessary to ensure effective implementation of the plan.
- vaccination requirements
Workers have been informed of and are required to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess workers’ health status prior to entering the workplace and for workers to report when they are sick, experiencing symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 We provide a daily self-screening assessment for all employees. This self-screening tool is posted at both of our physical locations, at all entrances, and is available to remote cleaner staff via both an email sent to cleaners and also within our timeclock system (Wheniwork). HQ and Refill office staff also complete this self-screening assessment each day they will be present in either of Two Bettys locations.
If an employee is experiencing any symptoms, either while at home or at work, they are instructed to contact their Manager via the support phone immediately – that Manager then also contacts the Senior HR Manager . If symptoms arise while an employee is at home they should not report to work. If symptoms arise while at work, either at the Two Bettys office or Refill location, a commercial account, or a client’s home, after the employee contacts their Manager, they will be requested to leave the premises immediately. If leaving the premises immediately is not possible, the employee will be isolated either outdoors (if possible) or in a vacant office (if at Two Bettys HQ or Refill locations).
Two Bettys Green Cleaning has implemented leave policies that supports and encourages workers to stay home when:
- Workers are sick;
- Workers are caring for a household member who is sick;
- When a worker is advised by a healthcare provider to isolate/quarantine themselves or a household member; and
- When a worker has had close contact (within six feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from two days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, two days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.) with someone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Two Bettys has created an absence protocol in accordance with the guidance from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) for when an employee exhibits symptoms or has been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19. Two Bettys provides paid sick leave according to the Minneapolis Sick & Safe Leave Ordinance. Accommodations for workers with underlying medical conditions, or who have household members with underlying health conditions, will be provided when applicable and available, and when it does not cause undue hardship to the organization. In such an instance, accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be provided to eligible employees.
Two Bettys Green Cleaning has also implemented a policy for informing workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at their workplace and requiring them to quarantine for a predetermined amount of time. This policy states that the Senior HR Manager will communicate, document and provide pay options in the event of a positive COVID-19 case. In addition, a policy has been implemented to protect the privacy of workers’ health status and health information. This policy states that the Senior HR Manager maintains employee privacy at all times.
Basic infection prevention measures are being implemented at our workplaces, at all times. Workers are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of their shift, prior to any mealtimes, and after using the toilet. All customers and visitors to the workplace will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility. Hand-sanitizer dispensers (that use sanitizers of greater than 60% alcohol) are at entrances and locations throughout the workplace so they can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water, as long as hands are not visibly soiled.
Two Bettys has posted CDC handwashing guideline posters in all restrooms and at all sinks within their HQ and Refill locations. Staff will be instructed to wash (or sanitize) hands upon entering and exiting the facility. Employees are required to wash hands after using the toilet, and if at HQ, required to wash hands in the kitchen after opening the back door. Employees will be allowed to wash hands as frequently as they prefer. Hand sanitizer is also available at all entrances of the HQ and Refill locations.
Cleaners are provided hand sanitizer in their cleaning buckets and it is recommended to sanitize their hands prior to entering, and after exiting a client’s home or business space. Cleaners are also trained on our Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) with regard to handwashing while cleaning. Cleaners are also provided a CDC handwashing guideline poster via email.
Workers, customers and visitors are being instructed to cover their mouth and nose with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and to avoid touching their face, in particular their mouth, nose and eyes, with their hands. Respiratory etiquette will be demonstrated by posters in both office locations and supported by making tissues and trash receptacles available Cleaners are provided a respiratory etiquette poster via email, as well as tissues in their cleaning bucket.
All employees have access to additional masks to be able to change masks as needed.
Social distancing of at least six feet will be implemented and maintained between workers, customers, and visitors in the workplace through the following engineering and administrative controls:
- If remote work is possible, this is recommended.
- A schedule and guidelines have been created to allow staff to work at HQ or Refill locations as needed.
- Cleaning/sanitizing products are provided at each workstation in order to clean the workspace used at the end of each shift. These products are also available throughout both physical locations for additional cleaning as needed.
- Employees working at a physical location are responsible for cleaning personal office supplies at the end of each shift.
- Communal office supplies (stapler, tape dispenser, printer/copier, holepunch, kitchen supplies, phones, etc.) – it is the employee’s responsibility to clean/sanitize these items after each use.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing of the facilities will also be tasked across all employees through the use of an office “chore chart.”
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and recommended when cleaning personal supplies/workspace and/or communal spaces or supplies.
- All staff, clients, vendors, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask while at either of the Two Bettys locations. Masks should be donned upon entering the facility and removed after exiting the facility. The only exception is while eating or drinking.
- Employees have the option of sharing their vaccination status with clients and co-workers if they choose to. If a client asks a cleaner their vaccination status, it is up to the cleaner if they choose to share this information or not.
- All meetings will be conducted virtually through Google Meet. A link for each meeting is provided in the calendar invite. A meeting protocol has been created in the effort to provide efficient and effective virtual meetings.
- CDC social distancing posters are posted at both the HQ and Refill location entrances.
- Commercial team cleans are still allowed to carpool. All employees, regardless of vaccination status, are required to be masked at all times while carpooling together
- Gloves, and eye protections are provided and recommended, but no longer required.
- All staff, clients, vendors, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask while at either of the Two Bettys locations and at client homes/businesses. Masks should be donned upon entering the facility and removed after exiting the facility. The only exception is while eating or drinking.
- Cleaners have the option of sharing their vaccination status with clients and co-workers if they choose to. If a client asks a cleaner their vaccination status, it is up to the cleaner if they choose to share this information or not.
- Hand sanitizer is provided in Betty Bucket.
- Cleaners must maintain social distance of at least 6 feet from co-workers and clients during cleans.
- CDC social distancing posters are provided via email to cleaning staff.
- All employees are encouraged to address concerns or provide feedback to their direct manager. Their manager will escalate to the Senior HR Manager as needed.
Prior to Clean, clients will be required to sign a Release.
Requirements during clean:
- It is preferred they are not home during their clean. This allows for the safest environment and is most efficient for the cleaner.
- If that is not possible, it is requested that the client is outside or is on a separate level of their home during their clean.
- If that is not possible, it is requested the client is on the opposite end of the home and/or in one room that is not cleaned that day.
- If home during a clean, it is required of all clients to maintain social distance of at least 6 feet and preferably 10 feet at all times.
- If a client must be home during their clean it is required that they(and all family members present during a clean) wear a cloth mask covering their face and nose for the entirety of their clean.
- Cleaners & clients have the option of sharing their vaccination status with each other if they choose to. If a client asks a cleaner
their vaccination status, it is up to the cleaner if they choose to share this information or not.
- If these protocols are not followed by the client, the cleaner may end the clean immediately and Two Bettys is relieved of providing further services for that clean; in such an instance, client will still pay Two Bettys for the clean, as client has been made aware of the existence of the Preparedness Plan through the Waiver or disclosure included on client’s agreement, and it is accessible on Two Bettys’ website, and is choosing not to follow client guidelines.
- Cleaners are encouraged to share these requirements with clients if necessary during clean and/or contact the Two Bettys support line for additional support as needed.
- Two Bettys has provided a self-assessment card to all clients.
- Clients are to perform self-assessment prior to cleaner arriving that day.
- If a client has sign of any of the symptoms listed on the self-assessment, they are to contact HQ immediately and their clean may be rescheduled.
Requirements If Ill:
- Clients (including commercial clients) should contact Two Bettys HQ via phone or email if ill or showing symptoms prior to a clean, including the morning/day of.
- If a residential client has made Two Bettys aware of a positive COVID-19 diagnoses in their residence, Two Bettys will consider what the client’s healthcare providers recommendation is on when to stop isolating, as well as the CDC quarantine guidelines; when it is determined that Two Bettys can return to the residence, Two Bettys will work with its team members to schedule a new clean date.
- If a commercial client has a positive COVID-19 diagnosis Two Bettys will take the following steps before rescheduling cleans with that client:
- It has been at least 7 days since the positive test result was received; and/or
- At the client’s expense, a CDC approved cleaning company that is equipped to mitigate biohazards has cleaned the space. The client will need to provide proof of this service and also an explanation of what cleaning process was completed. This information will be verified against CDC guidance.
- If a client reports to Two Bettys symptoms of COVID-19, but does not have a diagnosis – Two Bettys will have the client follow the Center for Disease Control 1+10 protocol before we will reschedule their clean.
- If a cleaner learns of a client having potential COVID-19 symptoms while at a clean, they are to pause and contact the support phone for further guidance.
Clients, Vendors, Visitors to Physical Locations:
- All staff, clients, vendors, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask while at either of the Two Bettys locations and at client homes/businesses. The only exception is while eating or drinking.
- CDC social distancing posters are posted at both the HQ and Refill location entrances.
Regular housekeeping practices are being implemented, including routine cleaning and sanitizing of work surfaces, equipment, and areas in the work environment, including restrooms, common areas, kitchen area, and meeting spaces. Frequent cleaning and sanitizing will be conducted in high-touch areas, such as phones, keyboards, touch screens, controls, door handles, railings, copy machines, etc.
- Individual workspaces and all supplies at individual workspace completed by each employee – if employee is working at HQ or Refill locations.
- Door knobs, door handles, countertops, printer, kitchen area, phones, chair backs, light switches, – this is completed on rotation by all employees. Employees are provided personal protective equipment (PPE) to do so – gloves and masks.
- Entire HQ & Refill spaces are cleaned professionally by members of the Two Bettys commercial cleaning staff.
- Envirox H2Orange2 Sanitizer and Virucide
Workplace Cleaning Protocol If Positive COVID-19 Case:
- Two Bettys will perform contact tracing under the guidance of the MN Department of Health and notify those potentially exposed.
- Provide, and require, additional PPE to Two Bettys cleaning staff to clean and sanitize the entire location (especially high touch areas) using the products listed above.
Appropriate and what we believe to be, effective cleaning and sanitation supplies have been purchased and are available for use in accordance with product labels, safety data sheets and manufacturer specifications and are being used with required personal protective equipment for the product.
The following cleaning and sanitizing supplies procured along with their purpose and PPE requirements if applicable.
- Envirox H2Orange2 Sanitizer and Virucide
Safety data sheets (SDS) are available upon request, please contact the Director of Operations or Senior HR Manager.
To the best of our knowledge, the maximum amount of fresh air is being brought into the workplace, air recirculation is being limited and ventilation systems are being properly used and maintained. Steps are also being taken to minimize air flow blowing across people.
MANDATORY VACCINATION POLICY
As of November 15, 2021 Two Bettys requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19, or be on an approved accommodation for a medical or religious exemption.
In accordance with Two Bettys’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable.
All employees are required to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on unpaid leave until their employment status is determined by the HR department.
Employees will be notified by the HR department of the reasonable timeframe for having the vaccine administered. Two Bettys will provide a list of locations to assist employees in receiving the vaccine on their own.
COVID-19 vaccinations are free, whether an individual has health insurance or not. All employees needing to get vaccinated will be paid for time taken to receive their vaccination and should work with the manager to schedule appropriate time to comply with this policy.
Before the stated deadline of November 15, 2021, employees will be required to provide either:
- Proof of being fully vaccinated via self-attestation, including date(s) of vaccination, manufacturer, and a copy of vaccination card shown to HR.
- An approved reasonable accommodation to be exempted from the requirements.
Individuals that are hired after the November 15, 2021 deadline, must be fully vaccinated or have an approved accommodation prior to their start date. This policy will also include booster shots, if or when they become readily available and recommended by the CDC.
Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the HR department to begin the interactive process as soon as possible. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Two Bettys undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Employees with approved exemptions will be required to comply with this
policy and any other guidelines put in place for the safety of all employees, and take precautions as identified, including wearing a mask, socially distancing, and participating in weekly COVID-19 testing at their own expense. Employees are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test results by the end of day Friday each week in order to work the following week. It is the responsibility of the employee to ensure the test results are provided on time.
Not complying with this policy may include disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Please direct any questions regarding this policy to the HR department.
Quarantine, Masks, and Social Distance After Vaccination
Two Bettys requires all employees, clients, and vendors to continue following public health guidance to reduce the spread of COVID-19. This guidance includes:
- Wearing a mask covering your mouth and nose while on company premises, client homes or client businesses.
- Washing hands with soap and water frequently
- Practicing good respiratory etiquette
- Staying home if someone is sick, someone in their household is sick or been around someone who is sick
This COVID-19 Preparedness Plan was communicated via email to all workers September 20, 2021 and necessary training was provided. Additional communication and training will be ongoing through email communication and additional training as needed and provided to all workers.
Instructions will be communicated to customers and visitors about social distancing requirements, required hygiene practices, and recommendations that customers and visitors use face masks when on the premises. This will be done verbally when someone enters the premises and also by signage on the door for visitors at our locations to view prior to entering the premises.
For clients in their own homes during a clean – they will be instructed to either exit their home during the clean if possible, or if they will be present during their clean, it is required they wear a mask at all times. It is also required they practice social distancing of at least six feet (preferably 10 feet) while the cleaner is in their home.
For clients in their own homes during a clean – they will be instructed to either exit their home during the clean if possible, or if they will be present during their clean, it is required they wear a mask and required they practice social distancing of at least six feet (preferably 10 feet) while the cleaner is in their home.
Customers and visitors will also be advised not to enter the workplace, or have a cleaner enter their home, if they are experiencing symptoms or have contracted COVID-19. This will be done by signage on all entry doors at HQ and Refill locations and by email for all clients whose homes/businesses we clean.
Managers and supervisors are to monitor how effective the program has been implemented by ensuring understanding from their staff, asking questions of management as needed, and fielding concerns from employees to the HR Director. Management and workers are to work through this new program together and update the training as necessary. This COVID-19 Preparedness Plan has been certified by Two Bettys Green Cleaning management and was posted on our website on September 20, 2021. It will be updated as necessary.
Senior HR Manager