Prepare for Your Clean
The time has finally come! Your cleaner is coming tomorrow, and as a highly considerate and cool person (our typical client), you are wondering what you should do to prepare for your Betty.
Have no fear! Answers are here:
- Kindly put away items whose home may not be obvious. Our cleaners are perceptive, but, alas, not clairvoyant. So a communal stapler may end up on the conference table rather than next to the printer.
- If you want a surface to be cleaned/sanitized, please remove any loose items (like papers or knick knacks).We always err on the side of caution when it comes to moving your personal belongings. Please let us know if there are any areas you don’t want your cleaner to touch, and we’ll hold our dusters back.
- Please tidy up dirty dishes. Don’t sweat a coffee mug in the sink, but remember—as a general policy, we don’t wash dishes.
- If you need extra help beyond the Standard Clean (like scrubbing out the fridge or a deep clean of your common room), contact us at least a week in advance. We may need to add an hour or two to your regular session, or call in an additional cleaner.
- Make sure your cleaner can access garbage, recycling and compost dumpsters. Please provide replacement can liners, too.
Special notes about events
- If a big meeting or event will overlap with your scheduled cleaning time, please let us know a week ahead of time. That way, we can try to reschedule your clean so we’re not vacuuming while you’re PowerPointing.
- Want a full clean before or after a big event? We can help! Please give us a week’s notice before you want us to get scrubbing, so we can coordinate schedules.
Covid-19 Clean preparedness
You should have received a COVID-19 self-assessment. If you haven’t, please contact us or review the CDC symptoms list.
Before Your Clean
- Have all staff in the building perform the self-assessment before your cleaner arrives.
- If anyone does have symptoms, contact Client Services immediately and your clean may be rescheduled.
- We prefer that clients not be present during their clean. This allows for the safest environment and is most efficient for the cleaner.
- We require clients and cleaners to maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet (and preferably 10 feet) at all times. So if it’s not possible for you to vacate your space during the clean, you could be outside, on a different floor, or in a room/office that won’t be cleaned that day.
- If you or any of your staff must be in the building during a clean, we ask that all those present wear a cloth mask for the entirety of the clean. Your cleaner(s) will wear a mask, too.
If a client chooses to not follow these safety protocols, the cleaner may end the clean immediately and Two Bettys will be relieved of providing further services on that day. The client will still need to pay Two Bettys for the clean, as the client was informed of our COVID-19 policies through the waiver and disclosure on the client agreement, and consented to these terms with a signature.
If anyone on your staff has been diagnosed with COVID-19, you must cancel your clean. Please contact Client Services right away — even on the morning or day of your clean — via phone ((612) 720-8768) or our contact form.
Please note that Two Bettys cannot reschedule the clean for at least 7 days. If you need a clean sooner than that, at your request and expense, Two Bettys may be able to subcontract outside cleaners equipped to mitigate biohazards.
If any of your staff members have COVID-19 but haven’t been diagnosed, Two Bettys asks that you cancel your clean and wait 2 weeks before rescheduling.
If during a clean, if a Two Bettys cleaner learns that a client has COVID-19 symptoms, the cleaner will pause and contact Two Bettys headquarters for further guidance.
After that? Just sit back, relax, and prepare for a beautifully cleaned space!