Prepare for Your Clean
The time has finally come! Your cleaner is coming tomorrow, and as a highly considerate and cool person (our typical client), you are wondering what you should do to prepare for your Betty.
Have no fear! Answers are here:
- Put away items whose home may not be obvious. Our cleaners are perceptive, but, alas, not clairvoyant. So, a favorite shaving mug may find its way to the kitchen cabinet rather than the bathroom counter.
- The more you clean your personal papers and belongings from surfaces, the more time your Betty will have to clean.
- If you want help tidying and picking up, discuss this with your HQ beforehand. We want to know your priorities so the majority of our time is spent meeting your needs.
- Please do not leave dirty dishes around. Don’t sweat that morning’s cereal bowl or coffee mug in the sink, but remember—as a general policy, we don’t wash dishes.
- If you need extra tasks completed beyond the Standard Clean, (think fridge cleans, oven cleans, or an extra deep Spring clean), contact us at least one week in advance. We may need to add an hour or two to your regular cleaning timeframe, or call in an additional cleaner. Giving a heads up a week before helps us plan ahead and give you an accurate cost estimate.
Special notes about events
- If a gathering or event will overlap with your scheduled cleaning time, please let us know a week ahead of time. That way, we can try to reschedule your clean so we’re not vacuuming while you’re serving apps.
- Hosting your mother in law for the holidays and need an extra clean? We can help! Please give us a week’s notice before you want us to get scrubbing, so we can coordinate schedules.
Covid-19 Clean preparedness
You should have received a COVID-19 self-assessment. If you haven’t, please contact us.
Before Your Clean
- Perform the self-assessment before your cleaner arrives.
- If you have any symptoms, contact Client Services immediately and your clean may be rescheduled.
If you are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact Client Services right away — even on the morning or day of your clean — via phone ((612) 720-8768) or our contact form. We will have you follow the CDC 3+10 protocol before rescheduling your clean.
If you are aware of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in your home, Two Bettys will take into account your health provider’s recommendation isolating and CDC guidelines to determine when Two Bettys can safely return to your home. At that point, we can work to reschedule your clean.
If your cleaner learns of you or another resident of your home having potential COVID-19 symptoms while at a clean, they are to pause and contact the support phone for further guidance.
After that? Just sit back, relax, and prepare for a beautifully cleaned space!